Friday, February 24, 2017

Psalm 42:1


It was a Sunday. I'd had my morning quiet time. I'd been to church. I'd worshiped. But I just felt I needed to dig deeper into God's Word that day. My soul was longing for God.

So I took out my Bible and I started reading... searching for something to refresh me. I read verses about God's power. I read verses of encouragement. I read laments and I read praises. Then I stumbled upon Psalm 42:1.

As the deer longs for streams of water, 
so I long for you, O God.

It is a familiar verse... but in that moment - when I read those familiar words - I knew! I knew that was exactly what I was feeling.

And I wanted to capture that moment, so I got out my Journaling Bible and I prepped the page - which means I spread a thin layer of ecru acrylic paint on it (using a plastic card much like a credit card). As I waited for the paint to dry, I reflected on God's goodness... and how much I need Him every moment of every day. How I long for Him.

When the paint dried, I gathered a stamp set, inks, colored pencils, etc. and I got creative.




It was a Sunday - note the date in the lefthand corner of the Bible page - 2/19/17. But I saved this to show you today... as part of the PDE Linky Party ABAC Challenge.


You have all week to participate - so why not try your hand at something other than a card - anything other than a card - and play along with us.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Stamps: Our Daily Bread Quiet Waters colored with colored pencils

Ink: Dew Drop Mediterranean Blue and Memento Rich Cocoa

Papers: Recollections Cardstock and DP from my scrap file

Embellishment: Cloud 9 Rain Drops

2 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful!!!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this scripture and the hymn of the same name! Beautiful work with this wonderful image for your Bible journaled page, Jeanette!