Saturday, April 8, 2017

Bible Journaling Day 5


If you've been to my blog recently, you've probably noticed that I've challenged myself to 21-days of Bible Journaling.... the idea is that I will Bible Journal every day for 21 days, and posting the pictures to my blog, the SCS Gallery, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram is keeping me accountable. That being said, I think I may have confused some people.... and now they are looking for the challenge. Oops! I'm sorry! This is something I am doing for myself. I don't know of a challenge where Bible Journalers link their creations, like we did last month with the Daily Marker's 30-Day Coloring Challenge.

However... my friend Dawn found a thread on SCS for Bible Journalers and they have a theme each month (though my understanding is they don't have to use the theme). They chat (a little) and share their Bible Journaling with one another. THANK YOU for pointing me toward the Bible Art Journaling 2017 thread, Dawn!

This month their theme is Light so I decided to create a Bible Journaling page with this theme in mind for day 5 of my personal 21-Day Bible Journaling Challenge...



For the Lord gave us this command when he said,
"I have made you a light to the Gentiles,
to bring salvation to the farthest corners of the earth."
Acts 13:47


God does not mean for us to be idle. He has called all of His children to be His light to a lost and dying world. We are to Spread His light!




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies Used

Image: MFT Lightbulb Moment stamped with Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink onto Recollections White Card Stock and colored with Copic Markers (I fussy-cut it and glued it to the page as a final step on this page)

Stencil: MFT Sunrays inked with Stampin' UP! So Saffron Ink using a Clarity Brush

Lettering: An inexpensive little set of alphabet stamps I purchased on eBay (but I can't remember who the manufactured them) stamped with Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink

Tab: Illustrated Faith
SaveSave

6 comments:

Sharon Madson said...

A great self challenge! This is lovely BAJ page, and highlights the scripture nicely. Thanks for sharing.

wannabcre8tive said...

I love your Bible journaling page. The image is so perfect for this.

Julie Gearinger said...

I agree with Sharon- this is a fabulous self challenge and one that I will need to do as well in the future :-) Love your sweet "Light" image and the way you created the rays. Perfect for this portion of Scripture as we are to be the "Lights of the World". Hugs and so thrilled Dawn referred you to our BAJ Thread at SCS :-)

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

lovely card Jeanette

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous page Jeanette - and a well illustrated scripture
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

I am so inspired by your fabulous Bible journal pages, Jeanette! Remarkable work!