Monday, April 10, 2017

Bible Journaling Day 7


Today is the 7th day of my personal 21-Day Bible Journaling Challenge. I'm really enjoying doing this and can hardly believe I'm already 1/3 of the way through it.




This page was actually inspired by a quote the teacher made in Sunday School last week. As you may know, we are in different churches each Sunday. My husband is the Director of Missions for Greater Wabash Baptist Association. We have 25 churches in our association so instead of having one church to attend, we have 25. That being said, I can't give credit to the teacher, because I don't remember the teacher's name. But this is the note I wrote in the little notebook I take with me to church each week, where I capture sermon notes and other tidbits of things I want to remember...



As I got ready to do this Bible Journaling page, I googled that saying and discovered that the wording is a wee bit different, but it's actually an English Proverb.


I thought it seemed like an appropriate quote for the passage in the fourth chapter of Mark when Jesus calmed the seas during a storm.

It reminds me that sometimes I'd rather God just do away with the storms of my life - those trying situations that seem to toss me about. But as the English proverb reminds me, I am made stronger/better because of those storms in my life. And Jesus is there with me through each and every one of them, so I have nothing to fear.



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Supplies Used

Image: Our Daily Bread The Sea stamped with Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink (the sky was colored with a Copic Marker)
English Proverb: found online and printed from my computer
Papers: Recollections Card Stock and DP from my scrap file
Embellishments: Washi Tape from an unknown vendor

2 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

What an awesome beauty!! I love this page, Jeanette!!

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

You are so good at journeling....I often wanted to do it but never got it started.