Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Mid-Week Joy Report


Is it just me, or does the past week seem like it's been a bit eventful?

For me there have been a lot of WOW moments. WOW is a great way to describe the annual Woman's Conference I was at over the weekend. Fabulous speakers, uplifting and amazing music, fellowship with long-time friends, and so much more. WOW is also a good way to describe how exhausted I was after it was over (I have a few leadership responsibilities during the conference, so it's a very busy event for me).

WOW is a good way to describe my experience getting home from the conference, too. The weather was horrendous the last two hours of my trip - I drove through torrential rains, high winds, trees that were down (and across the roadway), and even flooding across the road I was driving on. But WOW! God is good! He got Hot Sauce (my car) and I safely home. I was certainly glad to drive in my garage that night.

I've seen pictures of some weather devastation around our nation and it is a different kind of WOW to look at. Mother Nature seems to have been a bit brutal this week. I gasp when I see the reports and pray for those affected.

Since I've been gone much of this week, I only managed to make 5 cards.

* * * * *

In keeping with this year's Wednesday practice on my blog, I have a card that I've created that was inspired by the story in the 18th chapter/excerpt of the book 50 Truths Worth Knowing.

I will admit this chapter was a bit of a stretch for me. But everyone knows (well, at least athletes do) that a stretch is a good thing. Barry, an American Jew, told how his synagogue was closed for some remodeling, so they were holding their Jewish Yom Kippur service in a local church building down the road. He said it definitely felt strange going into the church building,

The rabbi addressed the issue of the unique situation they were experiencing by telling them it was "perfectly all right for a Jew to pray in a church, as long as it's not habit-forming (chuckle). After all, a chair is a chair, walls are walls, and a prayer is a prayer."

So - as Barry said - only in America, this group of Jews entered the church for prayer.






Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Stamps: Our Daily Bread It Is Well With My Soul and Pray, both stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa Ink

Distressing: Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Antique Linen, Pumice Stone, and Salty Ocean

Papers: Recollections Earth Card Stock

Embellishments: Paper Studio Gem Stones and Stampin' UP! Ribbon

1 comment:

Lynn McAuley said...

Sounds like our church right now, Jeanette, Missionary Baptists and First Presbyterians!! Your card is beautiful!!