Sunday, June 4, 2017

You Are My Strength


Each month the Bible Art Journaling group on SCS has a theme, chosen by the group leader, Julie. This month she asked us to create a BAJ page with Strength as the theme. (We also had the optional challenge of using watercolor on our page - I chose not to do that. Someday I'll get brave enough to try watercoloring in my Bible, but that day hasn't come yet.

I searched for passages/verses that had to do with STRENGTH and as you would expect, I found several. I finally ended up going with this one...

O Lord, do not stay far away!
     You are my strength; come quickly to my aid!
Psalm 22:19


This verse really spoke to me because I know so well how much I need God's strength. I can't make it in my own strength. I am weak, but He is strong. So, like the Psalmist, I cry out to Him to come quickly.




I thought the quote (Sweet 'n Sassy "Faith") seemed to go right along with this verse because, after all, I know who holds the future - the strong and mighty God - so no matter what the future holds, with His strength/power, I will be okay.




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies Used

Images: Altenew "Spring Daisy" stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers

Quote: Sweet 'N Sassy "Faith" stamped with Gina K Black Onyx Ink

Page Prep: Master's Touch Acrylic Paint

Special Effect: Tim Holtz "Bubble" Stencil and Liquitex Iridescent Medium

Embellishment: Michael's Washi Tape

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Such a beautiful verse and image that you paired with it.

Lynn McAuley said...

So very pretty, Jeanette!

Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs said...

Jeanette, your Bible journal page is beautiful! I love the floral images and the sentiment. I agree with you completely; I could not manage without leaning on my Heavenly Father!

Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs