Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Mid-Week Joy Report


NOTE: This is my second blog post of the day. If you're interested in seeing the Ready, Set, Go post either keep scrolling (it's my next blog post) or simply go HERE.


It's time for my Mid-Week Joy report, but truthfully, I'm typing this post way early since at the time this blog post goes live here on my blog, I will be in the Dominican Republic. I am on a mission trip, helping to staff their Vacation Bible School as well as being involved in some other ministry projects. I'm certain it is a JOY-filled week!



Before I left, I worked to get cards made and blog posts scheduled. I made 11 cards this week (which really means in 3 days time. WOW!

The card on my blog today was inspired by a chapter in the book 50 Truths Worth Knowing.












Chapter 29
Attitude is Half the Battle


Elizabeth recalls that she was never a very good athlete. She attempted various sports and discovered that cross-country was her favorite in High School. She never came close to winning, but she never gave up trying.

Her coach ("who wasn't known for his praise") pulled her aside one day and told her she wasn't very fast and her form needed some work. BUT what she did have, he said, was a willingness to keep running. He could always count on her to be in the race, with a smile on her face.

I call that determination.




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!



Stamps: Unity Determination stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers

Papers: Recollections White and Stampin' UP! Night of Navy and Read Red CS and DP from the DCWV Year Round Paper Pad

Embellishments: Oriental Trading Washi Tape and Brads from an unknown vendor

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Love that card Jeanette - and I admire your determination to have your blog all sorted before you left.
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

I have this little guy, but haven't used him yet!! So cute!