Friday, September 1, 2017

Family and Friends Bring Joy


I am actually gone at the time this post goes live. I've been away from home for a number of days, in fact. So I won't give a "Joy Report" per se, but I will say I enjoy my "50 Truths Worth Knowing" Challenge. This week's chapter was no exception. Each and every week, I love reading the story and then creating a card based on that chapter.

Family Goes Beyond Blood
Chapter 35



Aimee married a military man and the day after the wedding she moved a thousand miles away from home. People had warned her it would be difficult and she should anticipate homesickness and loneliness.

They were not wrong.

What she did not expect though was the "keenly acute sense of being misplaced and forgotten." The people who knew her best - her quirks, her potential, who cravings, her potential - lived a thousand miles or more away. She missed her family!

Then one night there was a knock on her door. A woman and her infant son stood on the doorstep, with nothing but the clothes on their backs. The woman wasn't even wearing shoes. They had experienced a devastating house fire and lost everything.

Aimee took them in and got them settled. She helped to find baby clothes and other items they needed. Friendship grew. Strong friendship, the kind born from necessity.

Aimee says, "It has been years since that night, but the lesson is one I cherish: She chose us to be her family, and in that instant, we were."





Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
By the way, for those who keep track, I've made 8 cards this week.


Supplies Used

Stamp: Inkadinkado Tell It Like It Is stamped with Gina K Onyx Black Ink

Papers: Recollections Cream and Black and DP from my scrap file

Embellishment: Brad from an unknown vendor

5 comments:

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

Such an enlightning story. I live a similar life where I have a "now" friend of over 25 yrs that came to me (a neighbor who she did not know) during a miscarrage. Tho her family was only about 60 miles away, she needed someone right then and chose me. We have been family ever since. In fact her daughter my "Niece" is the wedding I attended in the UP. Oops sory....I got gabby again!
Love the card!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful card Jeanette to illustrate a poignant story. Hope all is going well for you and yours
Blessings
Maxine

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Aww, I LOVE that fabulous quote! Love your inky touches and that fab map paper too. Gorgeous creation hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Barb said...

This card is stunning! I love the sentiment!

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this card! Love this sentiment! Love this story!!