Friday, September 22, 2017

WOW! What a week!


Oh my goodness! I was thrilled when a friend told me (a week ago today) that I'd been chosen as Customer of the Day at Our Daily Bread.

Thank you Maxine for letting me know... and thanks to Our Daily Bread for selecting my Bible Journaling page (click HERE to see my original blog post or HERE to see it on the ODB blog) to feature on their blog. What an honor!!!

Yes, this has been a GREAT week.

I enjoyed spending some time with dear friends over lunch one day. I had a day of shopping - and Chipotle and Starbucks! I got some wonderful news that for now will need to be kept quiet. I made 16 cards! Oh the list goes on and on.

One of the cards I made was inspired by Chapter 38 of the book 50 Truths Worth Knowing.


The Most Meaningful Legacies Can't Be Measured


Christine wrote fondly of her grandmother Lucy in this chapter. Grandma Lucy "was a housewife, grandmother, crafter, and unparalleled cook." Christine remembers typical Italian feasts for holidays and homemade holiday ornaments and other treasures gifted to her through the years.

She also remembers that is was Grandma Lucy that she called, when as a newly married woman she needed help with various tasks. For instance, Grandma Lucy calmly encouraged Christine as she cooked her first Thanksgiving turkey

But the greatest lesson Christine learned by her beloved Grandma Lucy was to life life to its fullest. After all, that's what Grandma Lucy did... and she taught from example. Not only that, she was always one who generously handed out encouragement to the granddaughter she loved so much.






Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies Used

Images/Sentiments: Mark's Finest Papers Coneflowers stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Colored Pencils 

Special Touches: Ranger Antique Linen Distress Ink and a Spectrum Noir Sparkle Marker

Papers: Recollections Black, Kraft, and White CS and AMuse Studio Polka Dot DP

Embellishments: Sequins from an unknown vendor

3 comments:

stampingbowd said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the look of coloring on kraft! LOVE the inside!!! I used to be more faithful about the insides. :) Congrats on being customer of the day! I checked out the Bible journaling page and I really like that your journaling wasn't directly on the Bible. It has a cleaner look? Do you glue your cardstock to the Bible page?

MiamiKel said...

Yay for being COTD! Beautiful bible journal insert!
And such a sweet card - wonderful Fall feel to your lovely bloom on kraft!

Lynn McAuley said...

Congratulations on your ODBD win, Jeanette!! That was one of my favorite Bible journal pages that you have shared!!

Love this gorgeous daisy card, too! So very pretty!