Wednesday, March 7, 2018

I Am Not What I Was, Thanks to the Cross


It's the 7th of March - already - which means it's time to post my card for the Crafters of Faith group. Shelly is this month's hostess. These were her instructions.

Since Easter is before our April posting, I would like to concentrate on the sacrifice Jesus made for us- him becoming the Passover Lamb- suffering, dying and rising again for us!  

John 19:28-30 After this, Jesus, knowing that all was now finished, said, "I thirst". A bowl full of vinegar stood there; so they put a sponge full of the vinegar on hyssop and held it to his mouth. When Jesus had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished", and bowed his head and gave up his spirit. 

The Mosaic Law required the the sacrificial lamb be spotless and have no broken bones. Christ is the sacrificial lamb of the new Passover. The passion, crucifixion and death of Christ, offered for our redemption, is proof of God's love for us and of the enormity of our sins that offend God and separate us from Him. 

Please make a project using a cross and on your card, use purple somewhere- a small amount or the entire card- it is up to you. 


I was shocked to find that I only had one stamp set with a cross in it in my entire stash - at least that's all I found. It is the Our Daily Bread Cross of Christ stamp set.

I used Versafine Ink and Clear Embossing Powder for the cross and then used a sponge to add Ranger Distress Ink all over the piece. Of course the cross didn't take the ink because of the glossy finish of the embossing.

It's a pretty simple card, but I hope Shelly and the other Crafters of Faith will like my card.




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies Used

Stamp Set: Our Daily Bread Cross of Christ 

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Dusty Concord and Wilted Violet, and Versamark

Embossing Powder: SU Clear

Paper: Recollections White and SU Elegant Eggplant and Orchid Opulence CS

Embellishments: Michael's Rhinestones and Ribbon from an unknown vendor

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Jeanette - love how you have kept the cross the focal point, and that verse is so true
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

What a powerful card, Jeanette!! Absolutely beautiful!